by Blead Bloodaxe Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:03 pm

» Eirik Raude's application
by Broomstick Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:56 pm

» Sacratus application
by Blead Bloodaxe Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:16 am

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Dwarf Fortress LP: Moltenbasement with a hint of madness!

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Dwarf Fortress LP: Moltenbasement with a hint of madness!

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:48 am

~4th limestone 552~

Hello hello hello Journal in which every overseer seems to write. When I first came here it seemed like such a mess. Only the basic of the basic was carved out of the dirt and even that wasn’t done properly, but now we are a steadily growing fortress. Our numbers have increased. Our space has increased and our wealth.. well our wealth could use a little boost. I have noticed that nobody is making crafts to sell. This is bad since we have spotted a human caravan on the horizon.

We got some scraps left and maybe one or two jewelry. This won’t do at all at that frustrates me! We need progress. If we don’t make progress we will go back to where we started. I will be forced to leave this place then just like I left Bronzesmithing. To make a slight confession journal, I was once a overseer in a another fortress. The fortress got wealthy, big and my personal palace! Then the king came to the fortress. Perhaps they have learned about my powerabuse and wanted to punish me. Perhaps they just wanted to steal my fortress from me, but from that day forward the king was the absolute ruler of the fort. They took away everything, my room, my chest filled to the brink with artifacts. Everything! I was forced to live as a peasant again. Maybe that was a good thing after all. I became a bit more humble.. and with murderous intent. They made me a miner and forced me to create the biggest coliseum of our time. While they thought I was digging I was actually making my move. The king stole everything from me. I am not a push-over dwarf. If you want to mess with me. So be it. I shall personally pick the flowers for your funeral. AND THROW THEM INTO THE FUDGING MAGMA TOGETHER WITH YOU! Ahum.. I made the ceiling on the royal chambers collapse. I had hoped to crush the king under it but sadly he wasn’t there. That fat bloat was in his room 23/7 and I picked the only hour that he wasn’t there! I crushed his little pet though. That was the first time I heard it, “KRAX”. It was a strange sound but I didn’t gave much thought to it.

I left that fortress. They will undoubtedly know what has happened by now and who did it. I made a harsh track across the mountains to escape from the kings wrath. I just climbed over the mountain summit but when I was making my way down I got jumped by.. well you probably wouldn’t believe it. A yeti. These beasts haunt the frozen mountains killing unsuspected travelers. I have known of them but I just didn’t think this would ever happen to me. He pushed me of a 4 meter ledge and I landed on some sharp rocks which broke both my legs. The monster slowly made his way towards. I could see his mouth turn into a smile with big teeth filled with rot and blood. “If he bites me I would surely die” I raised my axe to him but miscalculated the distance I miss swung and hit the empty air. The loss of blood made me drop my axe. I seriously thought this was the end for me.

The monster hit me again with his claw and it fell like my jaw just dislocated. The monster raised his arm for a second swing at me but suddenly two small hands grabbed his arm from behind and bent it backwards. The monster screamed as his arm got dislocated. In a rage of fury he turned around to see this one lonely dwarf bearing no arms. The monster charged in rage at the dwarf going headfirst to bit the dwarfs head clean off. The dwarf raised his fist and the moment the yeti came in range the dwarf hit him on the top of his head. The monster crashed into the ground and while it was screaming in pain with his unscratched hand grabbing his head which was oozing with blood. The dwarf then spoke and his voice sounded like a avalanche. I knew that if I was ever to meet a god he would be the closest thing. “You fucking hairy son of a bitch! Look what you have done!” he grabbed the head of the yeti with one hand and turned it around, spraining the neck. towards me. “Apologize like your life depends on it!” The creature let out a scream of fear. He tried to claw the dwarf to get away from him but the dwarf simply stepped on his arm and bruised it.
“That didn’t sound like you valued your life at all!?” He momentarily let go of the yeti. Who fell on the ground, before grabbing his leg. “While you are down there could you tell them to prepare a sick bed?” He asked the yeti with a menacing stare. He then braced his muscles and threw the yeti off the snowy cliffs of the mountains. The yeti screamed as he flew off the mountain.

At this point I was having trouble keeping my consciousness. All I wanted to do was sleep. Maybe I should rest my eyes for a minute.. Then I heard the dwarfs voice again. It was the only thing keeping me awake. “Boy you shouldn’t die on me now. I’m not here to watch you die you know?” He picked me up like I was a bag of potatoes and walked down the mountain. That dwarf single handedly carried another dwarf down the mountain for several hundredth meters. Before he reached a hole in the foot of the mountains. I saw several dwarfs running out of the cave greeting us and picking up a huge pile of fur that lied bloodied on the ground. I think it was the yeti. “You can sleep now boy, the healing will hurt so it is best if you don’t endure that by being awake.” I fell asleep then knowing I would life.

I woke up and at first I was confused because I didn’t knew where I was or what happened. It felt so surreal. Then I saw that both my legs were cased and I heard a voice next to my bed. “So boy, you are finally awake? I thought you lazy young’un would never wake up.” The dwarf was sitting next to my bed on a comfortable chair smoking a pipe. The green smoke coming from the pipe fascinated me until I realized I was staring. “Yeah I can see that you still haven’t fully healed yet. Don’t worry you have been asleep for such a long time your wounds have practically healed already. We are keeping the cast on just for a little longer. Your bones where pretty much shattered you know.”
I tried to talk but my voice was dry. Only a weird screech left my throat. The dwarf handed me some booze. Man that was the best booze I have ever had. “Thank you dwarf You have saved my life. Where are we? Who are you? What happened? Was that really a yeti I just saw?” The dwarf raised his hand “Still your tongue my boy. You have endured much. Your memories of the event will come back eventually. We are on the other side of the mountain you just tried to cross. That place is dangerous. I am the only one who is able to cross it alone. Don’t forget that! As for who I am? You have probably heard of the sound ‘Krax’. Well boy I invented that sound and don’t you forget it. My name is Krax.”
“Krax ey? That’s a nice sound..”
Krax laughed. “Haha I would think so too! But enough of the tomfoolery. Your legs will be fully healed in two days. After that you need to leave this place. This is my cave, and my people. You need to find your place with your people.”
Jai: I have no place to go. I am being chased by the kings army.
Krax: Fuck the king and all those slimy nobility. They have done nothing for us and we will do nothing for them. We won’t betray you lad. Listen.. There is a fortress or at least they are building it. It’s 3 days travel to the west. You can safely go there since there isn’t much wildlife left here. They have all been eaten. Even the lions.
Jai: eaten? By what?
Krax: Now, by nothing. But that’s only because I killed it. So don’t worry about it. Just go. You will find other dwarfs during your travel. Unless you are me there is more safety in numbers.

I made it to the fortress together with the other dwarfs. I met Harkon and the others along the way. They looked pretty battered themselves. I wondered what their story was. I didn’t dare to ask them however. I don’t want them to be asking the same question to me.

This is how I ended up in Moltenbasement.

Oh god I have drifted off! Oh shit the caravan.. I really have no idea.. We really need their stuff! Well.. hmm Alright no I think this can work!

Jai carefully placed the journal back in a secret drawer of his desk. He marched to the hallway to the entrance of the tradedepot. To his surprise they were already unloading their goods.
Jai: Hello hello hello guys!
Human trader: Uhm, hello?
Jai: See you guys in a few months!
Human trader: What?

Jai slammed the door shut and locked it. Lord T saw everything happening.
Lord T: What the fuck are you doing Jai!? We need to trade with those humans!
Jai: With what? We’ve got nothing. I say let them rot for a few months. I saw 2 guards wearing full armor. We have more use for that then they do. Once they starve we will open it up again and take their goods.
Lord T: You can’t just do that are you mad!?
Jai: Just watch me. And why aren’t you making crafts? You could have averted this crisis you know? Now shoo!
Greed: How are you liking the doors? I made them close to unbreakable. It would take a colossus to break this.
JaI: Greed my man, you are a genius. Now let us have a drink.
Greed smiled “You are in a good mood today”
Jai: Why shouldn’t I? I’m paving the way for greatness. This place needs to be proper for our true god to come.
Greed looked at Jai funny but didn’t spoke a word.

OOC: This is how Jai got to be a criminal. I will tell Harkon’s story some other time.
OOC2: It's a big wall of text!

My brothers in arms are my friends, My friends are my family. Together we shall fight the demons of this world and mark our spot. To show that we as friends, brothers in arms. that we as family are all that we need to protect us from the harsh world.
Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Jai on Mon Jan 02, 2012 2:52 pm

haha very nice write up!!

nothing better then a good back story Very Happy
Sir Jai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jur on Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:17 pm

Great story!
Jur
Admin

View user profile http://einherjarshieldings.forumr.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:17 pm

~18th limestone 552~

Diary property of Thob Koldodok Craftsdwarf

Dear diary,

Today I had this itch. You know like the itch that you get on your back but you just can’t reach properly? I had this same itch on my mind. I want to build something glorious. Something that would capture this fortress beauty. But I can’t seem to think of anything! Argh it’s so frustrating. Anyway. I like our new Overseer. He seems like someone who can really lead us. I know what you are thinking diary, I said the same thing about our previous overseer and the overseer before that. But I think this one really is someone who can stay here and rule forever. More bedrooms are being made, which is great because at least half of the fortress didn’t even had a proper bed! I can finally stop crafting mugs. I don’t know why we need that many. 40 I can understand. But 120!? Kazzan told me he saw some really weird creatures yesterday when He was mining. He drew me a picture of them:
Spoiler:
He said that even though they are called Rutherers they aren’t aggressive unless you provoke them. Now I know why I’m not a miner but a craftsdwarf. To dangerous. I was thinking of joining the military but I’m not going to fight those things those creep me out.

Overseer Jai finished our trade agreements with the humans. At least that’s what they told me I wasn’t there. Why is this so important you ask? Because Jai locked them up! Hah. He just slammed the door shut and locked them in. Greed is a nut job but he sure knows how to make doors. I was admiring one the other day.. Wait.. Elves!? Doors!? Not being in the military!? I’m sorry diary I have to go!

--------------------------------------------

Thob rushed to the stockpile and grabbed the bones of Kutamkosak. Apparently that’s the name of one of the escaped giant olms that Jai killed and sprinted to a nearby crafts workshop. The workshop was occupied but that didn’t seem to mind Thob.
Tun: O hey Thob how are you doing friend? Look I discovered that I can make faster mugs if I use my feet as well. That’s why I took of my socks! And how are yo..
Thob: Get out! I need to work!

Thob threw Tun out of the workshop. No literally he threw him out.
Tun: Son of a..
*Door gets shut on him*
Tun: You’re a utter nutter you know that!

Meanwhile.
Harkon: They’ve all gone mental. Why on earth do they want to replace me their magnificent overseer? I did everything right! Well they are not taking this room from me. Jai may have brainwashed them but I can fix this. But first I need a drink. Luckily Greed gave me the keys when he placed this door. That means I’m the only one who can get in and out of this room. Ha! Now that I know that.. It’s time to get a drink.

Harkon walked to the dining hall and took a barrel of booze with him. He was wondering how he could get his power back, but he was not the only one lost in thought in the dining room.

Lord T: Fuck this. I knew this was a bad Idea.
Apox: Easy friend. What’s the matter? You have been so gloom these past.. well ever since we got here.
Lord T: Yeah, at first I didn’t want to take this job. This is a suicide mission. We need to find the remaining remnants of our dwarven cities. But we are stuck here. What if the king finds out and pays us a visit? You can be damn sure that he will have me killed.
Apox: I see. Well I think, but I could be wrong. That the king does not recognize you anymore. Why would he? You’re just a regular dwarf.
Lord T: Well that made me feel a lot better!
Apox: No what I meant was, he’s not going to take it out on you. He’s going to take it out on the overseer of the fortress. He’ll think the current overseer of this fortress is the one he send out.
Lord T: You’re a genius! It’s not my fault that we couldn’t complete our mission! I did what I could!
Apox: Well..
Lord T: Great! Oh I need to get back to my herd. I heard one of the cows just gave birth.
Apox: Good day my friend!
Lord T rushed off. While Apox stirred his drink.
Apox: Lord T you are right. You are so right. You are going to die. In fact we are all going to die. There is no other way this would end.. *sigh* He drank his booze in one go. Whipped his face with his beard and said. “But like hell that ever stopped any dwarf.”

Thob: Alright. Let’s see:
- 13 bones from Kutemkosak
- 17 bones from that other olm thingy
- 16 Reindeer bones
- Yet
- Fiber cloth

Great! Now let’s make this magic happen!

Alright. Some dwarfs creep me out more than others. Broomstick the inventor of the Horse brain delicacy I can understand. But Mosus the Swordsdwarf is training INSIDE a door. Not only that but he is also wearing Poor Urist his cloths. Without washing off the blood.

Also, I facepalmed when I saw what Thob created:

Holy crap this is a expensive toyboat.

OOC: I was a bit disappointed about this update myself. There is so much micromanaging going on (for which I need to pause the game) that little happened except for those things mentioned above. I hope you guys aren’t getting annoyed by that. Also. I don't know what "Elves, doors and not being in the military" has to do with a Toyboat made from Olm bone. I didn't knew he was going to create that. After looking into his character sheet I noticed that he indeed loves toyboats. It does have a nice name. Streamtaper the new silver.

Also, Arrow mentioned once that he didn’t know what OOC means. It means Out of Content. You can see it as a writers memo.

My brothers in arms are my friends, My friends are my family. Together we shall fight the demons of this world and mark our spot. To show that we as friends, brothers in arms. that we as family are all that we need to protect us from the harsh world.
Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Exceeding_Arrow on Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:02 pm

even tho i don't work on the fortress anymore i still laugh when i see the dwarfs doing weird stuff like making a epic toyboat.
my own private game now has a new artifact too;
Epic toyforge!:

and i got a sheep herd!
Exceeding_Arrow
The Huntsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:05 am

Sorry for the lack of updates. I'm just so busy in real life. I have to see if I can find some time to continue this. Sorry lads!

Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harkon on Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:31 pm

Apology... DENIED.
You're meant to entertain us with your poetry, or if that fails, regular writing!

Prepare for punishment, hollandese! Twisted Evil
Harkon
Muted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Jai on Wed Jan 11, 2012 3:50 pm

Harkon wrote:Apology... DENIED.
You're meant to entertain us with your poetry, or if that fails, regular writing!

Prepare for punishment, hollandese! Twisted Evil

damn right! Harkon said it exactly how it should have been!

The only RL forgiveness you will get from me is if she is a 5ft in Brunette with green eyes, a nice tan, an ample butt, nice rack.... you know where i am going with this... Twisted Evil
Sir Jai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Wed Jan 11, 2012 4:34 pm

No Sir Jai I will not give you my sister.

Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:27 pm

wtf ! why not ?
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Apox on Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:26 pm

I want a siege made by hell-ravens. Surprised
Apox
Girls
Girls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:41 pm

APOX's avatart.... burn it.... burn it with fire !
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Apox on Mon Jan 16, 2012 11:18 pm

It is immune to fire and nuclear fusion! You can do nothing! Hahahaha! Twisted Evil
Spoiler:
Just joking matey.
Apox
Girls
Girls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Jai on Tue Jan 17, 2012 3:44 am

hmmmmm
Sir Jai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amon on Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:53 am

Paradox seems to like the concept of Dwarven Fortress:

http://www.paradoxplaza.com/games/a-game-of-dwarves
Amon
You never get to pick your own rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Jai on Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:44 pm

interesting but not sure what to think about it
Sir Jai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_T on Fri Jan 20, 2012 5:42 pm

dwarf fortess in 3d and fancy graphics :O

Il try it out when it releases...
Lord_T
Fake Jarl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Fri Jan 20, 2012 6:58 pm

Needs more MAGMAAAAAAAAAAA and !!FUN!!.

Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Exceeding_Arrow on Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:24 pm

anyone interested in a dark dark trailer of "a game of dwarves"?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5D5YSAulZ_A

you will get the "dark dark" part once you see the video
Exceeding_Arrow
The Huntsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amon on Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:16 pm

It seems to be in alpha stage - I hope they wont mess it up so you guys can grow your urm dwarf clan ^^
Amon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Jai on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:56 pm

shame this died right when it was going to get good! damn you real life!
Sir Jai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_T on Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:03 pm

Hm.. Dont worry in a near future we will be able to play a 3d cartonish DF. ^^

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dDCJkqtiBbQ
Lord_T
Fake Jarl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennris on Wed Mar 14, 2012 10:56 am

For those of you who think DF is too hardcore to play, I present Towns!
http://www.townsgame.com/

Kind of a 'Dwarf Fortress lite' with better UI.

Fennris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:02 pm

Sir Jai wrote:shame this died right when it was going to get good! damn you real life!

I think I still have the save somewhere. I hope I didn't deleted it when I downloaded the newest version. :[

Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harkon on Wed Mar 14, 2012 1:30 pm

NEED MOAR DF REPORTS HOLLANDESE! Get to it!
Harkon
Muted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top