by Blead Bloodaxe Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:03 pm

» Eirik Raude's application
by Broomstick Mon Jul 29, 2013 9:56 pm

» Sacratus application
by Blead Bloodaxe Mon Jul 22, 2013 7:16 am

November 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Dwarf Fortress LP: Moltenbasement with a hint of madness!

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Dwarf Fortress LP: Moltenbasement with a hint of madness!

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:29 pm

Dwarf Fortress: MoltenBasement

Intro:
Hey guys I've decided to start a new lets play on Dwarf Fortress. I've already done a bit on the story part and named the dwarfs. but I would like to say that I might get a busy schedule in the near future and Dwarf fortress is a incredibly hard game to make a lets play off. Not only is the game very hard, complexed and demanding I also don't have that much experience with dealing with a large fortress.

To add to that I've decided to write it in the form of a story with no central character. The story will revolve around the expedition leader in charge of the fortress. You will see everything in his/her perspective and hear his/her thought. I've chosen to stick with the character personality written in the game self. I have no real experience with writing different personalities then that of myself so please bear with me on this one. The expedition leader will for the sake of tradition change every in game year.

This all will affect the storyline for better or worse. I most likely won't post a new update everyday unless I see the chance to do so.

---------

Fortressname: Moltenbasement

the 7 dwarfs:

- Lord T Bomreksigun(Whiptours) - Expedition leader/Miner
- Kazzan lebidmat(Rackspark) - miner/metalsmith
- Corey43 Unibakmesh(Ragtempest) - carpenter
- Ushat shadmaloltar(Confusedgilt) - mason
- Greed Erushanam(Handleages) - Craftsdwarf
- MaHuD Utharathel(Firststrings) - Farmer
- Apox Ushrirerib(Quakegorge) the Supremacist - siege engineer

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Prologue:
Ah Feb Omtal.. One of our last remnants of the past. Our once great mountainhomes glorious, rich, Powerful and peaceful. Life was good, well at least for the workers. My name is Lord T Bomreksigun. I’m a miner by trade and damn proud of it. The dwelling of caverns, the hunt for Flux like marble and Calcite, The joyful feeling when you find a Dolomite vein or maybe some diamonds. Then when I’m done I go to the tavern to get wasted with my friends. I was leading the good life. Like I said I WAS. Our king Doren Becormeng the 15th is a rookie nobility. He knows nothing about leadership and with the age of 50 he could still be called a teenager, but nobility is not doing very well in the mountain homes. After long battles with the megabeasts roaming the world we have finally hit peace. We are at peace now for 30 years, but we’ve lost a lot of nobility to the dragons and colossi (I think my mate said that was the plural) Turns out they are their favorite snack. But not only the nobility got massacred our militia has been thinned out to a mere 300 stout dwarfs. Feb Omtal is a lot emptier these days. They have hardly any need for miners now since we aren’t expanding anymore. So I’m jobless and jobless means worthless thus expendable.

The king in all his “wisdom” decided that it would be a good idea to send seven dwarfs SEVEN! To unknown lands to create a outpost. Guess which lucky bastard is going to lead them. For fuck sake.. I need another drink. He says we need to find contact with the rest of our civilizations again. Fine I’ll go. I didn’t want to stay here anyway! With your booze and woman and many riches.. .. for fuck sake..

They put me up a cart together with six other dwarfs. To my surprise I recognize my friend Apox and Kazzan. I guess they didn’t need a Siege engineer now that the wars are over… Well at least I got some good company. I couldn’t care less about the others.

My brothers in arms are my friends, My friends are my family. Together we shall fight the demons of this world and mark our spot. To show that we as friends, brothers in arms. that we as family are all that we need to protect us from the harsh world.
Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Dwarf Fortress LP: Moltenbasement with a hint of madness!

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:47 pm

Chapter 1:
~1 Granite Year 551~

Of course our cart broke down in the middle of nowhere. Of course it did so at a place with hardly any trees. let alone a place with enough resources so we could fix the goddamn cart. We will have to make it through and build some shelter for tonight. I think I saw something huge stalking us last night. I wonder if it’s still there. Watching us. I ordered a hole dug out in the hill as we don’t have the wood nor stone to properly wall ourselves in with.

Apox told me that he saw some weird creatures lurking in the river. I don’t really know what to make of his description.
I suggested that he should stay away from the river if not for those weird looking creatures than for the carp that has been lurking around. Dwarfs and carps are mortal enemies. Luckily as a miner I would have none of it.

Corey43 our woodcutter and carpenter is scavenging what little wood he can find. MaHuD our farmer says the soil is very fertile which is good it means that at least the farms won’t give us any trouble. She then asked me to list every seed we have sort them on weight and size. She said we should also do so with all the animals, plants, trees and rocks. Great a schizophrenic.

We’ve finally hit stone. Now we can make workplaces and get some rooms ready. I’ve ordered doors made for the entrance. We are going to set up some walls once we have enough stone. Wood is very scare so we have to use as much stone as we can.

~11 granite Year 551~
Armok Damn! I nearly died today. This place really is a deadtrap. We were busy with a carving out a flight of stairs when we suddenly saw a opening. The stairs nearly collapsed on us luckily Dwarven craft is more sturdier then that. We found a underground cavern with a little bit of land and a lot of water. As if we haven’t gotten enough of that!

The cavern is filled to the brink with Pink tourmaline, Milk quartz and green jade. Those look pretty but are close to worthless. We’ve have to navigate ourselves around this. Maybe use the dry land for web harvest we can probably make some fine silk out of it. Though I fear for the GCS. (Giant cave spiders). The good news is we now have enough stone so we can begin construction on the walls.

OOC:
Here is a screenshot of my fort's surface.
Spoiler:
And these are my plans for now:
Spoiler:

My brothers in arms are my friends, My friends are my family. Together we shall fight the demons of this world and mark our spot. To show that we as friends, brothers in arms. that we as family are all that we need to protect us from the harsh world.
Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:07 am

~9th Felsite 551~
We’re have been here for over a month now. I do have to say this is a lot better than the mountain homes. Here I am the king. I am the overseer! And what the hell is this door doing in our foodstockpile?

I asked Ushat about it since he was the one who placed the door there. “Do you suppose we should eat the door Ushat?” He looked at me with baffled “Uh no doors are for closing and opening” “Well then why is it in our foodstockpiles!?” This time he looked even more baffled “It’s b’cus you told us to put it there” According to the settings I accidently made it a furniture stockpile. “Oh.. carry on then.” I quickly assigned the stockpile to food and drinks only. I must have drank more then was good for me. In the hall way I saw a bed pretending to be a door. I ordered it removed immediately. No time for funny business guys we need to work as fast as possible!

~27th felsites 551~
Why is everything here so huge!? I saw a badger boar the size of a bull the other day. I was lucky that he didn’t see me. This could just as well be a big failure. None of us here is able to defend their selves against those boars so if they decide to attack we are screwed. Corey43 said he can take care of those but I highly doubt it.

It is now summer and things are getting hotter I could really use a drink right now. I ordered more booze to be brewed gave us something more to do. The first year is always the deciding moment of a fortress. This is our weakest moment we could fall against any foe and we have a lot of work to do. Luckily except for the boars, the huge cavern below and the platypus-men in the river we have nothing to fear. Boy that sounds much better in my head. All in all this year is going pretty calm.

My god I just saw a giant badger rip one of the war dogs to shreds! Hide! Run for the hills!

~19th hematite 551~

Our first casualty after the wardog. Our mason was killed by a giant boar today. The badger boar rushed to attack our craftsdwarf Greed who replied with hitting the badger in the paw with his bare fists chasing the badger away. The poor mason didn’t had much chance though. The badger ripped off both his feet and then proceeded to gnaw on his corpse. I ask Greed to take over the construction of the wall. He looks like he can handle himself. We have to make a grave for the poor bugger.

Another attack. I saw a badger attack MaHuD I helped him out we repeatedly beat the shit out of him. He’s now on the floor I think he is dead. MaHuD’s right leg is smashed. He says he’s alright but I know that the wound can get infected and then he will surely die since we don’t have a doctor.

Well guys that was enough excitement for now. Back to work as fast as we can unless you want to end up as poor Ushtat

~17th Malachite 551~

Another near death experience. Kazzan my miner drinking buddy drank a little too much. Poor lass was standing on the ground he was removing. On a hill. Damn it Kazzan you shouldn’t be drinking while working. Luckily she didn’t had a scratch. That’s good. She got me worried. I don’t want anything to happen to her.

Someone really needs to tend to MaHuD though. Her right leg is smashed and she’s been lying in bed hungry and thirsty. I asked Apox to take care of her. He shrugged and went off to get some drinks for her. Such a dependable guy.

But fuck.. I should have known this was hard. With Ushat our mason dead, MaHuD our farmer crippled and Apox our siege engineer crippled we only have half our work forces left. 2 miners and 1 woodcutter. I’ll have Corey do the masonry as well. Wood is like rocks right? It’s probably the same thing.

~21e malachite 551~
Greed has taken it on himself to make the mechanics for the bridge. I think he wants to use the bridge to escape this wretched hole. I’ll have to keep an eye on him. If I die I’m going to take you all with me!

Please tell me this is a rescue party.

Nope. *sigh* Ah well they probably have some useful skills. I hope we got enough to eat.

Spoiler:

I'll never be positive again... Fine they don't have the skills we need. But we can still teach them. Probably.. yeah..

----

OOC: So 5 new immigrants have arrived and I am pretty happy because this will increase the odds of survival though I have no idea how long we can hold out with this little booze and food. We will have to slaughter our animals and turn some useless dwarfs into farmers.

Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harkon on Wed Nov 23, 2011 2:06 pm

AS I SAID, I CALL SHOTGUN ON LOGEM TOWNRISEN.
Harkon
Muted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:02 pm

He beat you to it since he asked for it earlier: Today at 12:55:14 PM ». But you can discuss with him which of the dwarfs you want.
to make it easier on you I'll add the character sheet of the dwarfs.

Idem imsalvucar/ Harkon:
Logem Amostlocun/ Jai > Krax Defender:
Logem Ibrukfath:
Mosus Etaskol:
Olin Eralardes:

To Jur I think the spoilers are a bit to big on this forum.

Last edited by Blead Bloodaxe on Wed Nov 23, 2011 7:29 pm; edited 1 time in total

Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jur on Wed Nov 23, 2011 3:18 pm

Nice post, lookin forward to more of them.

About the spoilers, I am not sure if I can change them but I will look.
Jur
Admin

View user profile http://einherjarshieldings.forumr.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Corey on Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:08 pm

Lord T is in love! Laughing
Corey
Galatasaray Fan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:25 pm

When a bear rider enters i want to be him !
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Wed Nov 23, 2011 10:49 pm

Alright.. well I suppose I should meet up with them since they’re going to stay here. “Ahum! Hail my bro~” “Hello Hello hello! My name is Jai. I am a gem cutter by trade and a hero by hobby. Tell me who runs this.. euh.. where is this anyway?”

“This is Moltenbasement at least that’s how the lads call it. I don’t know why. I don’t want to know why. Now who the devil are you and what are you doing here? “ “Err.. well like I said.. I am Jai and these are my friends.” He introduced all of them and their horrible tales and crimes they committed to be cast away from society. I brought a bunch of criminals into my home. Armok damned. The most disturbing one was the Woodcutter named Harkon. I kept giving me that menacing stare as if he wanted to eat my eyeballs and play rope with my guts. Fucker gave me chills.
“So ehh. How did you become leader of your group of.. ehh refugee.” Jai looked at me with a less then menacing smile then Harkon “Oh well. I just killed the most. They don’t call me Krax defender for nothing.” “Krax? Do I even want to know what that word means?” “Hehe yeah! It’s the sound of a particular skull being crushed. Can you guess which?” I didn’t really felt like knowing.
I assigned Jai as a military commander with Harkon as his secondant. As long as their job is to protect us it means they won’t try to kill us. Right. I ordered the construction of the barracks made and the sleeping rooms to be expanded.

I told Greed we also needed some more rock pots to maintain a stable amount of booze. I turned away from him but he kept staring at me. His eyes looking straight into my eyes as if he was piercing into my soul.

We stared at each other like this for about half a minute before I couldn’t take it anymore. “why the fuck are you staring at me!?” Greed hesitated “We need chairs.. and tables.. and doors.. I also want a room for myself.” Such a needy dwarf chairs and tables!? What are we nobles!? “Yeah, so what?” Greed continued as if he didn’t hear me “I found a mason. He was with the group of migrants. But he is building the wall. Can you make him make me a door?” I lost it at that point. I pushed him out of my room and hit the door in his face. At least that’s what I would have done if I had a door. Now it just looked awkward as he was still staring at me. “Fine you’ll get your fucking door now leave me alone” Maybe a door is not such a bad idea good for keeping out the riffraff.

I wondered how the building of the bridge was doing.

What?

Hey who’s in charge in making this damn thing? Why isn’t this thing done yet!? What do you mean no mechanics. Couldn’t you just make one in the worksh.. .. the workshop that is still being constructed.. Armok damnit guys we need to hurry the fuck up unless you want those badgers banging on our doors again.

OOC:
The updates are still small because I have to lay a base first. I'm going to improve myself and make updates with more events as I go.

I have also noticed that the text becomes very long spreading around the entire screen. I don't know why this is. Probably because of the spoilers in the previous post.

@ Krax:
Sure. I'll try to catch/buy a bear and try to train it. It will be one of my goals. Creating my own fort bearcavalry!

(I'll probably have to mod that in)

Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:14 pm

hehe cool btw when i first created krax back in Everquest 1 his name was Krax Skull (since he used maces) in a guild called "Clan Skallgrim"
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jur on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:41 pm

Sarrdak people are playing some kind of DF Multi player: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=50643.0
Jur
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Wed Nov 23, 2011 11:42 pm

Ah so that's where your name originates from. I've always wondered about that. I'm very interested in the nicknames chosen by people.

Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harkon on Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:32 pm

Blead Bloodaxe wrote:Ah so that's where your name originates from. I've always wondered about that. I'm very interested in the nicknames chosen by people.

We had a thread dedicated to explaning the meaning / choice of our names in the old forums! I recall posting there. Very Happy
Harkon
Muted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:38 pm

~7th limestone 551~
I went to visit MaHuD today. I was going to talk to the doctor first because I want to know if MaHuD has any kind of infection. Without the proper care any dwarf can die of infection. Who did I appoint to be a doctor again?

“Hey you there. Have you seen our doctor?”

“Docto’? fwell fhat would fe me”

“Stop stuffing your face and get to work!? We have a sick person here.”

“I fwish I could *swallow* but I can’t. I have no office or table to operate on. There is nothing here except buckets and crutches. This fort really lacks everything.”

Hmm, It’s getting more and more obvious that I know nothing about running a fort. I should look over things some more. Ah fuck it I’m going to get something to eat. Can’t think on a empty stomach.

The hall way near the butcher shop had a stinky smell like someone died here and they forgot to bury him. This couldn’t be good.

“Hey uhh. Logem?”

“Stop calling me like that I told you my name is Broomstick. Though I prefer to be flying”

Yeah whatever fucking nutter.
“What are you maki.. oh armok. What this fuck is all this!?

“My specialty!”

Horse eyes!

Oh for fuck sake. Oh which reminds me. Not that the cow brains remind me of anything except for a few dwarfs here. I forgot to see MaHuD.

“Hey champ, how are you holding up?”

“Overseer! Pleasant surprise! I’m doing fine I think I’ll be out of here in no time. I just need to rest my leg a little bit longer”

Her right lower leg has a nasty dent in it like it’s been crushed by a rock and one of her toes is smashed. I’m not seeing her walking anytime soon.

Or ever again for that matter.

“Well good news. We found a replacement for you! I just thought I should come and say that. So good news, You are no longer needed!”

As I walked out of the room (We really need doors) I came by Corey43. Wonder what he is up to.

For fuck sake guys get a room. With a door!

~24th limestone 551~
Jai is complaining of the lack of work. Well he just have to wait or lift shit around then. I’m not going to assign him work that involves contact with anything I want to keep alive.

~2th sandstone 551~
The building of the barracks is nicely speeding up. This sand is really easy to dig through. It’s probably safe to use as a roof too. Physics works in funny ways.

“Hey Mosus what the hell are those?”

“Those are Pond Grabbers. If you come to close to them they’ll drag you underwater and drown you with their tentacles”

“Heh I’ve seen enough dwarven inscriptions to know where this is going”

Mosus looked at me funny but kept his mouth shut. I like it when people shut up.

Badgers spotted on the other side of the river. Good. Stay there.

Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Apox on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:48 pm

I'm brewing drin-- wait, what? Only drink I can do is ayran. Very Happy
Apox
Girls
Girls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Thu Nov 24, 2011 10:55 pm

Means you drink the booze directly from the still.

Edit:
Sadly found out that dwarfs are unable to mount anything so no Bear cavalry. Sad

We can try to catch them or buy them and let them fight for us.

Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Apox on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:14 pm

Blead Bloodaxe wrote:
Edit:
Sadly found out that dwarfs are unable to mount anything so no Bear cavalry. Sad

We can try to catch them or buy them and let them fight for us.

What about hell-ravens? Can we tame them and command them to fight for us? <3
Apox
Girls
Girls

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:31 pm

If I mod it we can tame pretty much everything not intelligent(Dwarfs/elfs/humans/goblins/trolls etc) related, megabeasts and forgotten beasts.

Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Jai on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:36 pm

we need to sacrifice the wounded and weak!! give me work!
Sir Jai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:49 pm

Fool you don't even have weapons or armor yet!

Plus there is nothing for you to kill. There are carp and platypus man in the water. Badgers on the other side of the river which we can't cross and Pond grabbers deep in the underwater cavern. There is nothing for you to fight yet. I'll let you spar with Harkon until we get something good. (With wooden training axes).

Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Jai on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:10 am

what no weapons!! who the hell is the smith in this place!!!

i demand to have an outfit like the guy in the dark elf series....name escapes me i am drunk... the one that had spikes and roll around killing shit that way with his fist!
Sir Jai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Fri Nov 25, 2011 12:40 am

!!!! why do every game look down on bear riding !

Can i be a sculptur then ? focusing on making bear cavalry statues ? its just what this fortress needs ! a big fat bear cav statue.

or something that involves flogging sir_jai
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Jai on Fri Nov 25, 2011 5:09 am

Krax wrote:!!!! why do every game look down on bear riding !

Can i be a sculptur then ? focusing on making bear cavalry statues ? its just what this fortress needs ! a big fat bear cav statue.

or something that involves flogging sir_jai

what the hell I AM THE KRAX DEFENDER!!!! who do you want to flog me Mad

krax should be made either my personal eunuch slave or my lover!
Sir Jai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:26 am

flogging is just to inspire you more.... do you see a crown on my head ?
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jur on Fri Nov 25, 2011 11:48 am

It looks like crown to me:

Jur
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top