September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

About Warband

View previous topic View next topic Go down

About Warband

Post  Aðalráðr Vigfússon on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:31 am

Hello Einherjar members,

As some of you already know that I am a new player in Mount&Blade: Warband. Turambar suggested to me, that if I have any questions about armor, weapons or game I might want to post something on forums; here it is.

Kicking

I saw some people on Nditions Duel Server and even on IG Battlegrounds kicking their opponent in a fight. I would like to know is there anyway of training such skill. I couldn't make up any method because I think that it is very hard to teach, if you guys have any information please let me know.

Chambering

I believe that this technique is very difficult as well. I saw some players do it on purpose, and some do it spontaneously. Is there also a method that allows me to learn that very useful skill?

Also those who say me play please let me know on what I need to improve the most.

Thank you very much,
Folms
Aðalráðr Vigfússon
Clanjumper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: About Warband

Post  Jur on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:45 am

For chambering it would probably be the easiest way that you get someone, with you you duel. But not like you normaly would, but he attacks slowly and when he attacks you, you attack him from the oposite way.
I hope that you understant or someone will may be tell it better. Smile

For kicking: Just try it and you will get feeling for it.
Jur
Admin

View user profile http://einherjarshieldings.forumr.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord_T on Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:05 am

To chamber you need to release your attack when your opponent is just about to hit you. Takes a bit of practice but once you know how to do it.. well lets just say I dont dare to use it in battle mode ^^

and about the kicks.. train a bit of kicking against some bots/players and learn how far they must be for your kick to hit and how to time it Wink

If you want to know anything more.. like feinting, manual blocking, couch lancing, ranged..
Just ask someone on ts, most of us are "experienced" warband players(not harkon.. he is a noob)

/T
Lord_T
Fake Jarl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyr on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:24 pm

As the others said, just train with opponents who attack slowly, go easy on you etc. And once you get a feel for it, it won't be too hard to implement in actual playing.

Me, I never kick since it's against my morale, and i never chamber because... well it's hard as ****! Wink
(Though i have seen some, veeeeery few, who could actually chamber in battle effectively.)
Tyr
Untermensch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harkon on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:30 pm

Laughing Says Lord_TK! But seriously Folms, I wouldn't bother practicing chambering too much. It's risky and it's not a very practical skill in clan skirmishes nor battle mode. Of course, if you are interested in becoming a good duelist, go for it!
Harkon
Muted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Corey on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:42 pm

Both are incredibly useful if mastered, but very risky if not.

If you plan on being an accomplished duelist, you should probably give chambering a try; it's one more trick in your arsenal. It can catch people by surprise, and the satisfaction of pulling one of is immense, but it's a very situational tool too. For a start, if your opponent knows how to chamber, it's incredibly easy to stop them chambering just by holding your attack. Feinting also makes it very hard to chamber. Personally I rarely ever chamber, I can still do it, but I rarely find a time and place to use it.

Kicking however, is tenfold more useful than chambering. You should definately have a go at it, it's useful in both battle and duels. Using kicks though, will just come with experience. As you play the game more, you'll be more accustomed to the way people move in Warband, especially an individual you are fighting with. Once you've got their footwork figured out it's just a matter of kicking slightly in front of where they were going to walk next. You should also remember that you can still block just after a kick, so it can save you if you fuck it up. A missed kick can still leave you very vulnerable though, a simple sidestep can move them out of your blocks range and they can just slash you. You should also be aware that most skilled players will expect kicks, so try not to look as if you're trying to land one. It's all about merging it into your playstyle.
Corey
Galatasaray Fan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harkon on Tue Apr 03, 2012 2:29 pm

Yup, practicing kicks on the other hand is very useful for every combat situation. Even I have to work on that still. Embarassed
Harkon
Muted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Tyr on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:18 pm

Harkon wrote:... Even I have to work on that still. Embarassed

Just like EVERYTHING else? Razz
Tyr
Untermensch

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aðalráðr Vigfússon on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:26 pm

Thank you for the advise guys, really helps. I will definitely use kicks and try to practice them more and more. Chambering however will have to wait 'till kicking mastership is completed. If you have any more suggestions for me I will definitely listen. Smile
Aðalráðr Vigfússon
Clanjumper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harkon on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:35 pm

Tyr wrote:
Harkon wrote:... Even I have to work on that still. Embarassed

Just like EVERYTHING else? Razz
come at me scrub
Harkon
Muted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harkon on Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:36 pm

captain folms wrote:Thank you for the advise guys, really helps. I will definitely use kicks and try to practice them more and more. Chambering however will have to wait 'till kicking mastership is completed. If you have any more suggestions for me I will definitely listen. Smile
Good decision bud.
Harkon
Muted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sierra125 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:33 pm

I have been practicing chambering with bare fists, it is so hard D:

Sierra125

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aðalráðr Vigfússon on Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:29 pm

Sierra125 wrote:I have been practicing chambering with bare fists, it is so hard D:

Wow, that's extra Very Happy
Aðalráðr Vigfússon
Clanjumper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:36 pm

Kicking, chambering, maunal blocking and alllll that is useless....its for the peasants.... get horse, sit on it and laught at the silly little ants that run around down there trying to put their unarmored foot up everyones elses asses.

So in short say no to ass smelling feet, get a bear and ride it !
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Exceeding_Arrow on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:48 pm

Corey wrote:"Using kicks though, will just come with experience. As you play the game more, you'll be more accustomed to the way people move in Warband, "

You should definitely give archery a try, in my personal opinion its the best way to observe how players in Warband move and to get a general feeling about how fast a person or horse can move in Warband.

i mostly see people kick in front of them and then let the enemy run into the animation, maybe that helps?
Exceeding_Arrow
The Huntsman

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sir Jai on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:49 pm

Krax wrote:Kicking, chambering, maunal blocking and alllll that is useless....its for the peasants.... get horse, sit on it and laught at the silly little ants that run around down there trying to put their unarmored foot up everyones elses asses.

So in short say no to ass smelling feet, get a bear and ride it !

father krax has said it masterfully cheers
Sir Jai

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:57 pm

Chambering and kicking focusses on the 2 mayor parts of combat. Rhythm and footwork.

Chambering is focused on timing:
Learn to read the enemies rhythm. When is he going to attack and more important. WHEN is his hit going to land. The best time to start a swing to make a chamber is when his hit is a little over half way.

Remember that you're chambering slower when you have a shield then without one. Weapon speed is also important and as many said chambering is best trained against a easy opponent. Have you tried this on a TDM server or on Singleplayer? I myself wait until I know the exact speed/rhythm of his attack/blocks before I try to chamber someone. eventually you will be able to easily figure this out after 3 or less Hits&Blocks.

Kicking is focused on Footwork and the ability to predict where the enemy is going. If you look at a fight without looking at the swings you will always see the enemy walk in different patterns depending on what he is trying to do. He can move backwards when he's trying to block a attack with a one-hander or attacking with a two-hander/polearms to maximize the range potential.

He can also try to move to a specific side (left or right) when he wants to get a quick swing in or when he wants to hit you in your blindspot.

What I would suggest is to walk away from your opponent so you're forcing him to come towards you then turn in for the kick (don't forget to block his incoming swing!) You will want to move as little as possible before you kick because it's easy to miss and then get killed. Also something to practice with a opponent who goes easy on you.

If you want we could duel together sometimes and you can practice, but I have to warn you. Only a hand full of people are as bad in duelling as I am. Lord T and Harkon are one of them.

My brothers in arms are my friends, My friends are my family. Together we shall fight the demons of this world and mark our spot. To show that we as friends, brothers in arms. that we as family are all that we need to protect us from the harsh world.
Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harkon on Thu Apr 05, 2012 9:40 pm

Blead Bloodaxe wrote:Chambering and kicking focusses on the 2 mayor parts of combat. Rhythm and footwork.

Chambering is focused on timing:
Learn to read the enemies rhythm. When is he going to attack and more important. WHEN is his hit going to land. The best time to start a swing to make a chamber is when his hit is a little over half way.

Remember that you're chambering slower when you have a shield then without one. Weapon speed is also important and as many said chambering is best trained against a easy opponent. Have you tried this on a TDM server or on Singleplayer? I myself wait until I know the exact speed/rhythm of his attack/blocks before I try to chamber someone. eventually you will be able to easily figure this out after 3 or less Hits&Blocks.

Kicking is focused on Footwork and the ability to predict where the enemy is going. If you look at a fight without looking at the swings you will always see the enemy walk in different patterns depending on what he is trying to do. He can move backwards when he's trying to block a attack with a one-hander or attacking with a two-hander/polearms to maximize the range potential.

He can also try to move to a specific side (left or right) when he wants to get a quick swing in or when he wants to hit you in your blindspot.

What I would suggest is to walk away from your opponent so you're forcing him to come towards you then turn in for the kick (don't forget to block his incoming swing!) You will want to move as little as possible before you kick because it's easy to miss and then get killed. Also something to practice with a opponent who goes easy on you.

If you want we could duel together sometimes and you can practice, but I have to warn you. Only a hand full of people are as bad in duelling as I am. Lord T and Harkon are one of them.
I used to be pretty good at dueling shortly after becoming a recruit for the clan, but then I lost interest in that and just practiced with actual battle gear in skirmishes and 2vs1 practice, etc. Razz
Harkon
Muted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:50 pm

Yeah Im terrible in duelling but decent in Battle. There are 2 completely different fighting styles involved in both.

My brothers in arms are my friends, My friends are my family. Together we shall fight the demons of this world and mark our spot. To show that we as friends, brothers in arms. that we as family are all that we need to protect us from the harsh world.
Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aðalráðr Vigfússon on Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:49 am

Thanks for advice Blead, I will surely duel with you to practice my skills when you're available Smile
Aðalráðr Vigfússon
Clanjumper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Blead Bloodaxe on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:57 am

How about tonight? It's been ages since I went duelling.

But I have to warn you. I'm not a two-hander spammer. I rely on 1handers only.

Blead Bloodaxe
Admin

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Aðalráðr Vigfússon on Fri Apr 06, 2012 11:54 am

Blead Bloodaxe wrote:How about tonight? It's been ages since I went duelling.

But I have to warn you. I'm not a two-hander spammer. I rely on 1handers only.

Tonigh it is then, 18:00 BST- BE THERE Laughing
Aðalráðr Vigfússon
Clanjumper

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Godnoken on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:57 pm

Oh dear, I hate dueling. It's not fun winning and it's not fun losing. It pisses me off D:

Kicking is bugged, only kick when you are sure it will hit. Otherwise you have to be boss like and block whilst standing on one leg.

Godnoken
I SUXX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum