MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Fallen Earth

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Fallen Earth

Post  Angantyr on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:29 pm

Anyone tried this?

It looks like Fallout 3/FNV Online and is F2P, which sounds great, but what makes at least FNV so awesome is the fact that it is so RPG heavy, and at first glance this looks more like a co-op action shooter MMO in a Post-Apocalyptic setting..

Some videos:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_q7TEpg38-Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FPKSCoy1rr8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-pbB6nSi4w
Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fallen Earth

Post  Lord_T on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:41 pm

my brother has been telling me to download it ever since it went f2p and that was a few days ago ^^

I just looked at him playing it.. a guy with a paintball gun riding a horse, It doesnt make sense D:
Lord_T
Fake Jarl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kretti on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:47 pm

Julius tried it and didn't much like it, and he's a very big fan of the Fallout series, Borderlands, and some other post-apocalyptic games which I can't remember now.

The heaviest hit in a game like this was that you can't do PvP outside designated area. I know it's similar to this in EVE, but in EVE you can kill shit in hi-sec, you're just likely to get your ass handed to you. It's different when you're just unable to do damage to people just because you're not in the right area.

I think banditry is a very essential element in a post-apocalypse setting, and taking it away just kills the spirit and turns it into WoW with guns in a badlands setting.
Kretti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harkon on Tue Feb 28, 2012 4:49 pm

Combat seems kinda weird in the second video. Razz

I have actually watched it 1 year ago as well, I don't really know. If you're down Angantyr, I might try it with you. I just don't get into MMO's alone nowadays. Razz
Harkon
Muted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Godnoken on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:00 pm

I played the beta some years ago, it was guuud!

Right now I don't want to download it because I already got loads of games D:

Godnoken
I SUXX

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angantyr on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:09 pm

Downloading..

Yes Kretti, too bad about the restricted pvp, constantly being aware of other people and raiders on the prowl should definitely be a major part of the post-apocalyptic World..

Of course as we've seen it in any MMOs it would quickly end up in all nubs being raped by more experienced players but one pvp-free starting area would be enough..
Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angantyr on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:35 pm

This has exceeded my every expectation. Great Fallout universe clone, great customizable interface, deep and meaningful crafting system, nice skill based combat, completely open world wasteland, ride wherever you want (my first means of transportation is a horse!), cool indie game atmosphere (don't support corrupt game companies like EA and Activision), exciting and original blend of normal levelling up and level up by using skills (a la elder scrolls games), numerous cool weapons, vehicles and mutations, nearly all items are player crafted, skill book system a la EVE, and much more. Until now it's been a joy, I can now only hope the tedious MMO mechanics won't show themselves soon.

And best of all, it's completely f2p Smile

Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kretti on Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:42 pm

Might have to try it then, but the idea of restricted PvP haunts me still...
Kretti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harkon on Wed Feb 29, 2012 8:12 pm

Me too.
Harkon
Muted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angantyr on Wed Feb 29, 2012 10:45 pm

But then again, I like anything that's post-apocalyptic, if it were fantasy with the same mechanics I might not have found it as interesting.
Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:31 pm

totaly free pvp have no chance to work imo... too many griefers/kids play now. i think the closest iv played to a free pvp is Ultima online it had 90-95% of the game world as free pvp.
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angantyr on Thu Mar 01, 2012 4:55 pm

Crafting is a major part of the game (being that 99% of all items in-game are player crafted) and the best ressources can be found in PVP areas Wink
Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angantyr on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:39 pm

Harkon, Kretti, try it I don't think you'll regret it, Krax just joined too.

That goes for the rest of you too, don't judge this game by the videos it's something completely different.
Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Harkon on Thu Mar 01, 2012 9:52 pm

Yes my friend, I feel constantly tempted to have a jest with you on Steam; everytime I look at my Friends list I see that you're playing Fallen Earth! Very Happy

I shall try it, when the weekend comes, maybe tomorrow evening even, been too busy.
Harkon
Muted

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Sat Mar 03, 2012 11:21 pm

yeah i really like this game.... then again im a huge fallout fan....

Id like to call agantyr a "luremus" tho for geting me to play diffent games and then go poof.. gone.... Anyway... i payed for it since im lazy and dont want to wait 5 sec for the stupid harvest.... A trick i found this is Shift click on node autoloots it Smile

or even better for me... i get my bot program to keep shift pressed for me :O when im harvesting.
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angantyr on Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:11 pm

This game is superb.. Probably one of my all times favourites after M&B and Fallout..

20 seperate armor slots on your character, 14 stats pr weapon, 1 big game server like in EVE and 0 loading screen pr sector (only 3 throughout the whole game) are a few details you just don't find in any other game. And the 'meaningful' and in-character, non-auto target MMO game play is extremely rare aswell.

Ran into Krax yesterday in the Wasteland, suddenly he was just sitting on his horse next to me as I was selling and buying some crafting materials, what are the odds, the game world is probably the biggest I've ever seen Laughing

And yeah, yeah Krax, I accept my responsibility, I'll stay around for certain this time though Wink (EVE has my greatest respect FE just captivates me more, maybe I'll play EVE again when I have more time)
Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jur on Mon Mar 05, 2012 7:17 pm

Downloaded the game and I got really bad inpresion about it. I started first mission and killed that technician and then I had to talk to computer terminal.When I clicked on computer I just got some pop-up where it said that I should talk to computer :S I restarted the game and then I could talk to computer but coulden't talk to other computer that I had to and then I restarted again, coulden't not even talk to first terminal and got kicked back to character selection few times and then I gave up.
Jur
Admin

View user profile http://einherjarshieldings.forumr.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Angantyr on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:17 pm

Talk to the first computer (on the left I think) then the one on the right, yes?
Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jur on Mon Mar 05, 2012 9:58 pm

I tryed to do that, but computer said that I should try latter and such things. I saw that also some other people had problems like this, I will try tomorow.
Jur
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Corey on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:10 pm

I can't get the game to work.

Doesn't say why, but when the game tries to patch it just comes up with an error and tells me to make the sure the game isn't running.

Just gonna re-install NV again. Razz
Corey
Galatasaray Fan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angantyr on Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:30 pm

This is probably the first time I've ever wanted to talk anyone out of playing more FNV Wink

Did you try restarting your computer after installing the game? Have you tried running the game as administrator? Or perhaps downloading from gamersfirst instead of Steam or vice versa? Running the game without Steam? Have you checked if Windows Firewall or your own Firewall is up and might be blocking?
Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jur on Tue Mar 06, 2012 8:06 pm

Corey did you gave game permisions when it aksed you? Don't know what could be the proble, check there forums.
I soldved my problem so that I created new charcter :S
Jur
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Angantyr on Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:22 pm

Very nice Jur, what's your in-game name?

I am 'Jed Ultra' and Krax is 'Krax Skull'.
Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kretti on Wed Mar 07, 2012 3:22 pm

As with most MMOs, I weep blood and cough fire with the graphics of the game. That's not because of lack of detail, but because it's just so damn plain and flat - very little highlights, basically no shadows at all (even the darkest hair-colour you can get is light grey), despite having a painstakingly calibrated screen so I can see every colour the game has to offer.

I just can't look at it and enjoy myself, it was the same with Warhammer Online and Age of Conan, both of which are supposed to have a very dark and grimy setting, and still manage look like a trip in a sunny garden with light diffusers all over the place.

Can't play because of artistic rage.
Kretti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angantyr on Wed Mar 07, 2012 4:12 pm

A shame, you must have a hard time playing almost any game then, and I can only imagine how the standard MMO palette (games like WoW, Rift, Swtor etc.) must look to you.

I mainly dislike overly vivid colors like in American sitcoms and Disney movies and WoW (or the new Shadows of Amalur), and cartoony graphics, which actually keeps me from playing any 40k game for any extended period of time no matter how much I otherwise like the universe.

FE is pretty gritty and realistic-looking though, the absence of pure black shadow notwithstanding.
Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top