EVE Online

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: EVE Online

Post  Angantyr on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:46 am

Thank you for the warm welcome, Julius tongue

I'm currently flying my first Amarr frigate, the Punisher, and it's a beautiful ship. Think I'll spec for the upgraded versions Vengeance and Retribution now instead of the Magnate Gold or Silver. Would it be stupid to do this before going battlecruiser, keeping me from doing the serious incursions and pvp or how so?

Thank you for the share of experience btw. Amon, don't hold back Wink (you too Krax)
Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Titantoe on Tue Feb 07, 2012 3:13 am

Gief plex or i keel.
Titantoe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angantyr on Tue Feb 07, 2012 6:08 am

I don't have anything near a plex.
Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amon on Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:10 am

Titan... Nobody cares about plexes, they are for russian mafia underlings and chinese isk farmers.

Hmm Angantyr I am not up to date to the economics / changes in ship classes, but when I played a T1 ship was always the cost effective choice since Insurance would pay for your loss so that you would only loose the value of your fittings and then some. A T2 ship could not be ensured efficiently when I played, maybe those things changed?

You dont want to grind in pve half a day just to afford your pvp combat ship for the evening. My most rewardings source of income was looting. At the end I did scavenging of wrecks too. Spared me going to the belts and mine.
Amon
You never get to pick your own rank
You never get to pick your own rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Gule on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:30 pm

Angantyr, I think mining by yourself might become booring as people tell you. But a group of people comming together and trying to build a powerful mining operation, or just buissness building in general could be a lot of fun, and it's also something that I personally would like to try in EVE.
Gule

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Titantoe on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:33 pm

I'm also interested in mining, currently I'm just training for a mining barge and such, Pancakes will gief me a retriever!

We must start a mining organisation!
Titantoe

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:42 pm

i have my own mining corp called Bamse Mining Corp... [BAMS]

it contains...
1 miner
1 Orca pilot

Its almost a perfect orca pilot just missing 2 level V skills i think...
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kretti on Tue Feb 14, 2012 1:15 pm

Where's everybody in eve? I've been keeping my eye out every now and then but then I suspect our Amarr fuckers aren't flying in Minmatar space and Titan's already seasoned so he might be anywhere.
Kretti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:10 pm

im on every day with Pyrax
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennris on Mon Feb 27, 2012 1:24 pm

FUUCK... I just began to play eve again... I sworn to never play MMOs again Mad

I started a new account, couldent be arsed to contact support to retrive my old one as I only played for 2 months several years ago. I rage quited the game when i got podded in my expensive minning vessel...

My name is very unoriginal, its my standard online name compared with clicks on the random surname button.

Name: Fennris Jouhinen
Race: Caldari, Deteis

Fennris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:37 pm

Cool added you to my watchlist.... i got some old mining eq you can have if you are going that route again...

or frigates or cruisers... got alot of em spread across the universe since im too damn lazy...

i have afew Covetors just collecting dust... i also have a Orca pilot so if we have more miners we can have a Mining op. or something... with a crazy fin lighting us up and laught when he pod kills us. then Againtur and randomsomething can come and rescue us from the vodka crazy fins. (and maybe just maybe a technoviking pops out from behind a astroid and lolhammers krettis tengu)
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:43 pm

My current goal is to get into WH... i dont know mutch about it tho yet.... just that i prolly need alot better pilot that i have now... ill prolly start saving and buy one.... (and not spend every isk i make on blink lol.... spent 1 billion there in the last 3 weeks.) So now im poor again.. only got 100mil to my name.... then again thats just 2 days of mining veld.
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kretti on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:13 pm

What you basically need to go into a WH relatively safely is a probe-launcher + probes to get you there and back again (cause you might get stuck), and preferably a cloaking device to make the trip a hell of a lot safer. People tell me the npc's there are much worse than what you find in regular low-sec or null-sec, and there's always the possibility that you just jump into null-sec space and some lucky pirate pods you right away.

Of course, I don't do podding unless it's completely necessary. That is, when the client is being hugely annoying. Ransoming's the gentleman's way to ruin a man's day, you get much more out of that in both ways of isk and sense of achievement.

Besides, I'm flying a Rifter, and eventually a Wolf when making shit happen to people, but not a Tengu. Pilot's name's Kretti Storkyk if you wanna add me.
Kretti

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennris on Tue Feb 28, 2012 10:12 am

Sounds cool. Minning seemed to grinding for me, so I have decided to do some combat first.

If we do a minning op im in, It is much more fun than minning alone, I just need to train some skills.

I want to try exploration some time, when I get better at combat.

And when/if I become a billionaire, I will start some kind of industry to get a somewhat steady stream of ISK flowing

Fennris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Tue Feb 28, 2012 11:32 am

yeah mining is dead boring... thats why i made myself a bot to do it for me. Its not making me rich tho.... let it run for the night and it only pulled inn 40mil. i know ppl that do incursions make like 150 mil per hour.

I like scanning... it dont take too long to train eighter... to get medium good skills. Perfect scanner is atleast 2-3 months or something tho.

Planets are a nice passive money maker tho... i have lvl 4 skills and it makes me around 50mil per week.... thats on highsec planets. (i make rocket fuel) seems to have a stable market.
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennris on Tue Feb 28, 2012 12:01 pm

Hm, I was thinking planet colonization aswell... I bet its expensive tho...

Fennris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Tue Feb 28, 2012 5:21 pm

Not really costs like 7-10mil per planet to setup(2 mines,4 basic factorys,2 adv factorys and a launchpad)((need command center upgrades IV for this)). then nothing more really....

good page that read before seting it up is this.... slightly outdated but you learn how to do it after reading it. http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/w/index.php?title=Planetary_Interaction
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennris on Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:07 pm

Cheese, how am I ever going to get 10Mil, must do agent grind i guess...
And the skill books are expensive too...

Fennris

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:25 pm

well you are preapproved to get a 30mil from the "We that dont pod ppl yet esp not Pyrax" fund.

You now have 30 million more reasons to like me
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Fennris on Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:59 pm

Did I ever tell you that you are my favorite Norwegian Krax? Very Happy

*Worships like a god*

Fennris

View user profile

Back to top Go down