September 2017
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

X Universe

Page 3 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: X Universe

Post  Amon on Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:25 am

As promised, pictures from the second complex after the first building phase. It is located in Midnight Star, next to my first complex which' cloth rhimes (a fabric) it will use to produce ore, BoFu (food), warheads and Tomahawk, Mosquito and Dragonfly missles. I choose missles that werent avaible locally and which I can use myself besides the Dragonfly. The AI pirates killed the Image Recognition factory next door to pieces, so there is a hole in supply! I try to build those complexes tight as a catholic church choir boys bunghole, so only midsized spaceships can squeeze through.

first pic taken from the docking hub

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/535/plex2a.jpg/

second pick taken from the side, so you can see the large Split Mine sitting on the astereroid, the warhead factory on top with the big drums and to the left Boron large BoFu and large Bio Gas plants for food production.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/850/plex2b.jpg/

third pic shows how the station looks when you are docking, taken from yet another angle.

http://imageshack.us/f/707/plex2c.jpg/

Next stage I will add a solar power plant L to this since its burning energy like a good spaniard witches.

Amon
You never get to pick your own rank

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:30 am

Nice Smile

Im still discovering stuff myself hehe damn the game just get deeper Smile

atm im on a treasure hunt mission.... nice and hard riddles.

iv mostly been exploring so far so i havnt setup any complexes, i have gotten myseld a TL class ship tho for moving Station containers. but it set me back 28 mil so im doing some "consultant" jobs for the pirates hehe... also i got a high military rating so when im lucky i get a 3-4 mil kill missions... but as most kill missions 50% of the time some jackass M1-2 blows it up just as i setup the killshot.

Iv also started the hub mission but DAMN that shit aint easy.... just the first missions are bad.... well the first was easy 400 computer components.... but the second... its 500 !!!! microchips.... i dread whats next hehe... im gona start setting up siliconmines soon.(you get the mission in boron space somewhere tells you to rescue some lost borons...most story missions are marked by a blue open book btw)
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amon on Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:15 am

I heard about sniping the kill missions, my rank is only militant yet. Missions are quite hard. Protecting stations is stilll viable, protecting convoys is a tough and challenging thing to keep you on edge für 30 minutes. Although they are often too inactive I use my support squad of 5 M3 with various weaponry (whichever I could get my hands on)

My current ship is a Susanova Raider. It is an M3 (Biggest Fighter ship for ya'll devoted readerz) which does 268 m/s and holds a nice cargo space of 120 m^3 so it can carry jumpfuel to cross half the galaxy. So its very fast for its class with a decent cargo to squeeze some loot in as well. Its disadvantage is a paper thin hull and just one 25 MJ shield, other ship in its class have like 3 or even 5. I have to do hit and run attacks consequently. I use 4 high energy plasma throwers (green glow, slow flow) which I can use well even against M5 (smallest manable vessel), drones are tough though. I got myself a mass driver too, to upgrade my firepower in those moments I have a big opponent freed of his shields and my laser energy has gotten low.

The complex total is now:
1x wheat farm in Treasure Chest to keep the 7 AI Cahoona Bakeries going - 3 in system, rest next door, one of em is a large one, so I sell always at max price. Might add another one here.

Cloth Rhimes: 3x wheat farm 3x Rhimes Fac in Wastelands. Consuming only energy this one solely produces Cloth Rhimes for exportation and for my missle complex. Even before the second plex is finished I can always sell all its wares at the average price of 292 at stations, in the future the second complex will produce its own cloth rhimes and I will use this to help AI factories together with my surpluss warheads.

Missles: BoFu L, Bio Gas L, Ore Mine L, Weapon component plant - this is the one from the latest screenies. I will at a Solar Plant L to it later today and then add another weapon comonents plant, Mosquito, firefly and tomahawk missle factories. It will produce a surplus of ore, warheads for AI factories. The Energy I will keep for my other plex. I will have to export the BoFu (think of vegetarian food made of gas...?) quite far away until I will need it all myself. Otherwise this complex needs only crystals to run which are very cheap at the moment. I dont plan a silicon mine/crystal factory loop at the moment, its too expensive for the gain of autonomy. I dont build stuff if I can buy it cheaply.

I said earlier that I have finally gotten my jumpdrive in Home of Light. If I only had known that they are avaible more closely at home in Boron space south of Queens Retribution....I crossed to the other end of the galaxy for 6 of those. I also bought 4 Trade softwares MK3 but I am bitterly disgusted at the AI trading capability. It will do nothing most of the time or transport 14 cahoona steaks in one haul, because it only likes to buy and sell with a max margin and wont do ship otherwise. There must be some options for this, otherwise USELESS!

Why did you buy a TL btw? Want to do those factory construction missions? Borrowed TL's are dirt cheap, I used a Boron and Split one simultanously to build the latest complex and they only ask 1800 and 1400 credits a gate, which is nothing. I had to make the split one travel 14 sectors since I have no decent shipyards nearby but still this was cheaper than buying Argon stuff. Why buy one yourself if you can get them to do your work that cheaply, they'd even work for those missions which I never do since I want to build up my own stuff. I guess they are usefull as storeroom and mobile base and whatnot, but for that kinda money you can build some huge trading empire or factory complexes (less gain but also far less work) hehe

This wall of text is getting too massive Smile Might be an idea to reuse that useless TS hehe
Amon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angantyr on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:12 pm

What game in the series are you playing, Rebirth?

Think I'll give it a try, I like what you've written here.
Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:19 pm

the reason i got it is that i want a TL that have a jumpdrive Smile and it has 75.000 storage.... its also can carry 7 ships TS class and lower... so its a good way to move shit around the universe... its like a mobile HQ.

What is the LVL of you Mk3 trader.... they are kinda stupid until lvl 20 i think.... max lvl as a universe trader they generate a nice stream of income i think.... dono how mutch since i dont have the script that keeps that stat...

I drive a Sirokos (OTAS M6)

since im playing XRM mod the stats are not as vanilla...

speed 256 (all ships in XRM are faster some fighter can get to 1200 i think)
cargo 1350
4x 200MJ shields
46,000 hull
5 marines
i have some special equipment that i dono if vanilla have
Adv firewall software
hull polarising device (makes it harder to cut the hull during boarding)
Ecliptic projector (helps you see the ecliptic plane in a system)

Main : 8
T. Back(L) : 3
T. Back(R) : 3
T. Right : 3
T. Left : 3

Main i use 8 concussion impulse generators
the turrets are all armed with Phased repeater guns (use fast shooters there since its mainly for fighter and missle defence)

My normal missle loudout is 20 Hornet, 50 Cyclone and 5 hammerheads

Again XRM is alot diffrent when it comes to missles... so the stats are alot diffrent than vanilla

Hornet
603 speed
singel target
200k dmg AOE
60KM range

Cyclone
624 speed
swarm (7 misiles i think)
retarget (if hostile target is gone go after nearest hostile target)
8K dmg
47KM range

Hammerhead
570 speed
singel target
450k dmg AOE
78KM range

Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amon on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:28 pm

I am playing Terran Conflict Angantyr. I got the X3 gold edition but accidentally downloaded TC before downloading Rebirth so thats what I play now.

Its a huge game and you can do so much in it thus it can be quite time consuming hehe.

Krax wtf? Those stats are unholy. Why those speeds? I guess they changed weapon ranges as well - otherwise the whole thing is lopsided. How is combat in XRM? Vanilla seems a bit easy as soon as you know how to beat certain ships (for the rest - there are alot of ships and armaments out there though, so this will take sweet time until you get there!). I am not complainging though, I love how the game adjusts the challenge to my combat experience and acumen. As I have more and better stuff, the AI gets it too!
Amon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angantyr on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:34 pm

But Krax is playing Rebirth or how so? And which game in the series would you recommend I start out with?
Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:35 pm

Angantyr wrote:What game in the series are you playing, Rebirth?

Think I'll give it a try, I like what you've written here.

I play the two latest

Terran Conflict and Albian Prelude..

The reason im playing TC now is that in AP all but one Main quest are disabled. and there are more mods and Total Con. for TC

but soon they will prolly mod in the main plots to AP and ill move to that again... also alot of the mods have been ported over now.... i like the feel of AP more than TC since there is an active war going on there..

If you pick it up lets setup a date and time, and me and amon can give you some advice etc since the learning curve is quite steep.
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:49 pm

Angantyr wrote:But Krax is playing Rebirth or how so? And which game in the series would you recommend I start out with?

Rebirth will break away from the old X universe.... so it will be a totaly new game....

the changes are too many to list.. but it will look nothing like the old X's

X: rebirth isnt released yet as far as i know
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angantyr on Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:56 pm

Thank you, the wikis left me slightly confused.
Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:04 pm

XRM combat seems to be like vanilla just that the missles are alot more dangerous..... so the M7M's are baaaaad but im not sure if the NPC's use em... prolly not.

the range is modifyed yes and the armement of the races are more restrictive now so that the rase ships cant equip that many diffrent laser as they where able to in vanilla.
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amon on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:03 pm

Sorry about that Rebirth mistake Angantyr, I meant X3 Reunion!

Since the universe expands, the game is more polished and the active modding community krax mentioned, TC is a very decent starting point right now.

Will try the conversions ans maybe even Albion Prelude after this game...whenever that is.
Amon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Tue Jan 24, 2012 10:30 pm

Albion Prelude is TC with afew mods build into it... its supposed to be a bridge between TC and Rebirth (in rebirth there is a supernova that blows everything up i think)

AP has a better "framework" imo... it feels more living with an active war between Argon and terrans.

There are 7-8 sectors that are classed as warzones that the terrans and argons battle back and forth.

The ships have mutch more structure HP something i like since the TC one have paper armor it feels like... but id like to see a mod like the one in XRM that mods alot of the ships like tradeships use 200KJ shields instead of 25KJ.. It feel more realistic that traders have alot of shielding.

the bad thing is that AP just have that one story mission that shows how they are building some superhighway jumpgates etc

So AP isnt as "deep" as TC thats why i play TC. i love it when i just stumble on a storey quest... like the treasure hunt im on now (its damn nice with no goto X collect Y) its contains a msg that you need to decrypt using your own brain hehe... and im just a sucker for encryption/ciphers

like it said in the first msg (its not a spoiler just the text you get)

From the end of the kingdom move one and five, there is a rock among many, that holds a surprise.
Jarren Gisler, 10/5/44

this is the solution to this one hehe since amon cant open it anyway
Spoiler:

There is a sector called Kingdoms End
you go 5 steps down and one right there is a sector called Ore belt
It contains alot of asteroids.. like 50 or so... so you dont want to scan em all
thats the last part of the riddle... 10/5/44 this is X,Y,Z IE. cordinates in a 3D matrix so you just goto that cord. and there is a astroid there you scan it then destroy it and there is another clue for you Smile

also i like the fact that you can pilot every ship you meet (with a few exceptions)

like the UFO i meet the other day lol... a godamn saucer flew passed me and i was WTF was that and followed it around some... it was too fast tho.

as its a sandbox game it do req you to set yourself some own quests to like some day i will wipe out the whole X rase... (personaly im gona go genocide on the boron someday.)

Last edited by Krax on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:31 pm; edited 3 times in total
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amon on Thu Jan 26, 2012 9:59 am

Man did I spend everything I had yesterday and still this baby is not self sustaining:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/52/plex2d.jpg/

You can see ginourmeous solar panels, this is a solar power plant XL for 17 mil. I wanted to go for a cheaper one first but as I am thinking ahead I build infrastructure to last. This baby produces three times the power I need and then some. It is as big as the rest of the complex and it eats crystals like Kate Moss does crystal.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/259/plex2e.jpg/

This is from another angle, with one of my transports engaging its jumpdrive to sell produce and buy some more crystals. I need 666 an hour. Sometimes I think it might have been a mistake to settle there with only Silicon deposits avaible for 600 crystals/h in system asteroids.

You cannot see it in the pictures but I also added the Tomahaw missle factory. Only 9 are build each in game hour. One is enough to kill any sub M7 capital ship. I have seen an M8 -which is the size required to fire those babys- go from 100% shield & 100% hull to space debries with one impact.

So I will produce a stockpile for my two M8 capital party crushers and then sell some to refinance the bizarre cost of that complex.

@Krax - cant open any spoilers on this board.
Amon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:19 pm

im about to start my microchip production....

the complex costs 130ish mil

5 cattle ranch L
5 Cahoona L
5 Chip plants
4 Crystal Fab L
1 Solar powerplant XL

this will prod. a surpluss of 207 crystals, 70 000 E.cells, 50 microchips per hour ony thing its importing is silicon wafers (937)

i have a silicon mine complex too that produces 2600 wafers per hour..

but i kinda gave up now hehe i had a peek at the total req for the hub mission. its a truly epic amount of res you need lol....

at one point you need to deliver 75.000 microchips !!!!!!

so that means that my complex need to run for 62,5 days nonstop !! lol thats just sick

btw this is for the hub mission (its a sector you will own ones you made all the deliverys.... it has 6 gates that you can connect to ANY other jumpgate in the universe and it has a PHQ (player headquarter) that can make ships (you need to deconstruct a ship you own there first to get a blueprint then you can make that shiptype`) ones you align a gate its stuck there tho...
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amon on Thu Jan 26, 2012 6:06 pm

Oh I heard about that! PHQ, the mother of mothers. It seems to be the ultimate endgame, when you fancy to destroy one of the races...

Did you use the complex planner for this? I found it very usefull to have some calm to combine the building blocks.

http://www.altanetworks.com/x3/x3tcocc.html

I did a station building mission, 1 mil payout but you have to front the cash for the staton, so its pretty nice if you have the cash, since the effort you need to put in is quite limited.

I send the Sector trader to ore belt, it reached lvl 10 there, seems to be alot better than home of light. Otherwise my many transports create too much work for me sending them manually everywhere is too much. Since I got this official enhancement package there is an accomodation AI in there to keep your stations supplied, its working well so far.
Amon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Thu Jan 26, 2012 7:16 pm

empires edge is the best "sector trader" trainer sector from what iv heard.

i use an application called Xadrian for complex setup.... and have a script called Hephaistos Corp. Station building service installed that builds the complex for me (let the peasants get their fingers dirty id say) it costs 20% more tho... but worth it if you ask me.

Im gona play AP some now since they released XRM for it.... still no plot mod for it tho.... But XRM sells PHQs i think so...

here is my mod list for AP... hehe yeah its afew but there isnt any cheatmods there...
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angantyr on Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:07 pm

Tried out Terran Conflict yesterday and it looks very interesting. I haven't played a space shooter since X-Wing VS Tie Fighter and I haven't played space strategy since Sins of a Solar Empire but I've never seen these genres combined, and there's even sandbox and RPG elements thrown into the pot. Reminds me a bit of the old Privateer games, which is a big plus.
Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:39 pm

yeah and its prolly be even better if we have a talk on TS... hehe theres alot of stuff to get into there..
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amon on Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:01 pm

Damn I chewed and clawed my way through the goner plot and some irregularities - I always forget salvage unsurance.

I got the ship from the goner plot today, I did not even expect it but its VERY special. I killed a Xenon carrier and Battleship with it earlier. Its a monster. 2xPPC für shield removal duty and 4xGauss Cannons <- those are dirty munchers - inspired by the ships original fit & a google search. Hugely specialised the thing cannot survive for long, its a sniper operating at 5-7 km. 138 km/s is awesome though, it moves like a fighter.

My Plex is now grown to 12 stations, I now hit the limit of my BoFu L production. I got npcs to buy at my station and get some commodity traders to work for me. Took me some reading and setting up.

This game is more complex and sandbox than anything I played before on this level.
Amon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:11 am

Nice hehe never finished the goner plot myself since they are a bunch of sissy pipesmoking hippies.

but damn you get a M6 that sports gauss guns? bc those are Battleship guns. or was it a M7
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Amon on Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:35 am

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/85/plex2f.jpg/

Hard to see what is in there, some placements were chaotic....a slideshow would do.
Amon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:03 pm

why dont you just do a .spoiler].img]http://imageshack.us/f/85/plex2f.jpg/ ./img]./spoiler]

. = [

Spoiler:

gezzz whats wrong with this shitty imageshack..... id go photobucket.... guess you need to use the direct link but im not making a imageshack account just to get that one to try lol
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Krax on Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:45 pm

ummm are you playing X³:R ?????

if you are then i need to ask you :

W T F

aaaanyway i seem to have fucked up my installation of XRM since CLS isnt working at all... so iv deleted my AP installation and restarting.... kinda sucks since it was going good... i had 12 UT's and just started my complexes..

but i found something that was abit out of wack... there are some shady missions you can take in the pirate sectors that makes you 7-20 mil for 20ish min work. they ask you to scan TS ships and you get a 2-10 % of the total worth of all your scans--- seems like too easy money. BUT im gona use it to boost my new start then leave em alone. hopefully... because thats almost like printing money lol.

Another thing thats really nice in AP is that they have stockmarket... but you can use it as another thing other than buy sell shares.... it will show you the needs and shortages of that region of a product... very very usefull when setting up complexes.
Krax

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Angantyr on Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:52 pm

Why does a game of this caliber not have an in-game tutorial? Laughing
Angantyr

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content